- Prepare the Masala Paste : In a food blender, mix all ingredients until smooth.
- Make the Masala Sauce : In a pan, heat olive oil and add 1/4 cup of masala paste. Let fry for a few minutes stirring with a wooden spoon.
- Add tomatoes. Stir in coconut milk. Bring to boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium and let cook for 10 minutes.
- Add frozen meatless balls, and continue simmering covered for 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Rectify seasoning. Do not overcook.
- 15 Meatless Balls
QUICK MASALA PASTE
- 2 Large Onions Quartered
- 3 Clove Garlic
- 3 Tbsp Fresh Ginger, Crushed
- 2 Tbsp Garam Masala
- 1 Tbsp Turmeric
- 1 Tbsp Cumin
- 1 1/2 Tsp Ground Cloves
- 1 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Tbsp Pepper Flakes
- Small Bunch of Cilantro (Leaves & Stems)
- 1 Handful Roasted Almonds
- Juice of One Lemon
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Tomato Sauce
- 1 Can 400ml Organic Coconut Milk
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Top with finely chopped parsley leaves and toasted coconut chips. Serve over cooked basmati rice (infused with a cinnamon stick) and a hot naan bread.
Keep the rest of the masala paste for another use. Delicious for a veggie curry or a butternut squash curry.
Try this flavorful Indian inspired curry with a veggie twist. This meatless curry makes a wonderful winter dish for a family diner.